Call for Nominations for Naming of Some Buildings and Streets
THE FEDERAL UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY, AKURE
STREET AND BUILDING NAMING COMMITTEE
CIRCULAR TO: All members of the University Community and the General Public
CALL FOR NOMINATIONS FOR NAMING OF SOME BUILDINGS AND STREETS
This is, therefore, to invite members of the University Community and General Public to make nominations for the naming of the buildings and streets of the University as listed below.
- 2500 Capacity Auditorium
- Multipurpose Hall
- Hilltop Auditorium
- 1000 Capacity Lecture Theatre, Main Campus
- 3- in-1 Lecture Theatre, Main Campus
- 750 Capacity Lecture Theatre
- 1000 Capacity Lecture Theatre, Ibule-Soro Campus
- University Shopping Complex
- Block of Classroom, Block A&B
- New Male Undergraduate Hostel, Obanla
- New Female Undergraduate Hostel, Obanla
- 3-in-1 Lecture Theatre, CENT Ibule-soro
- Academic Building behind SOS Building
- CCE Three in One Auditorium
- Student’s Recreation Centre
- Postgraduate Laboratory I
- Postgraduate Laboratory II
- SAAT Extension Building
- Block of Staff Offices (beside Entrepreneurship Building)
- Road 1 - In front of Professor Julius Okojie and SAAT Extension
- Road 2 - Student Recreation and New Security Building
- Road 3 – Wildlife Junction to New Roundabout
- Road 4 – New Roundabout to New 1000 Capacity LT
- Road 5 – Road from Academic Building to Kachalla Lodge
- Road 6 – Road from Academic Building linking Uthman Dan-Fodiyo via Chapel of Faith
Eligibility for Nomination
The criteria for eligibility for nominations approved by the University Governing Council at its 75th Statutory Meeting of Thursday, 30th June, 2005 are as follows:
A person so nominated must be somebody who has made significant
contributions to any or all of the following:
- development of the University;
- development of international understanding and/or development; and
- extension of knowledge.
- recourse to Federal Character
- Names proposed for places/objects must reflect Federal Character.
- The places/objects must be of academic, historical, geographical, economical, cultural and social significance.
c) Decision on Each Nomination
- The decision of the Committee on each nomination should be unanimous.
- No serving member of the University or its Council members shall normally be considered for Nomination.
- Street and Building Naming may be made post-humously.
3.0 Method of Nomination
Each proposal must be typewritten with double line spacing and not more than 200 words or using the attached form to clearly state the following:
i. Significant contributions of the nominee/nomination to:
- development of the University
- development of the Country at the Local, State and/or National level;
- contributions to international understanding and /or development, and
- extension of knowledge.
ii. names proposed for the places/objects; and
iii. academic, historical, geographical, economical, cultural and social significance of the places/objects
All nominations in sealed envelopes should reach the Secretary not later than Friday, 17th September, 2021.
Street and Building Naming Committee,
Deputy Vice Chancellor (Academic)’s Office,
The Federal University of Technology,
Secretary, Street and Building Naming Committee
Click the link below to download the Nomination Form