FUTA inaugurates 6th Substantive Vice Chancellor
FUTA successfully inaugurated its 6th Substantive Vice Chancellor on the 24th of May, 2012
Earlier, on 10th May 2012, the Governing Council headed by Brig. Gen. R. A. Rasaki (Rtd.) announced the appointment of Prof. A. G. Daramola which took immediate effect.
The inauguration ceremony of Prof. A. G. Daramola as the 6th Substantive Vice Chancellor of FUTA took place at the CCE Hilltop Auditorium within the FUTA campus. The event was attended by eminent personalities from within and outside the University community.
In his inaugural speech, the Vice Chancellor, Prof. A. G. Daramola promised to transform and translate FUTA to an enviable status among the committee of Universities worldwide. He has set as part of his vision (\\\"Taking FUTA to the Marketplace\\\") the following:
- The Federal University of Technology, Akure will emerge as one of the top five Universities of Technology in Africa and will be in the fore-front of using Science and Technology as tools for problem solving.
- Infrastructure will be vigorously improved and expanded. Renewable energy sources will be explored as back-up for all University buildings for improved efficiency.
- A number of innovative approaches for funding University expenditures will be explored and new opportunities as well as avenues of income generation will be opened up.
- Staff skills will be upgraded through additional and regular training under staff development, with opportunities for such trainings sought through the industry and off-shore University linkages.
- The development of ICT facilities and content management will be advanced to the stage that FUTA\\\'s webometrics ranking should be within the top twenty Universities in Africa.
To see the Vice Chancellors full inaugural speech, click the following link: http://www.futa.edu.ng/futacms/docs/vcinauguralspeech.pdf