- WASCAL programme in all centres across West Africa is supervised by WASCAL head office in Ghana headed by the Executive Director.
- In FUTA, Advisory Board headed by the University Vice Chancellor, meet regularly to review and oversee the programme.
- FUTA WASCAL Academic Committee regulates all the academic contents of the Programme on behalf of School of Postgraduate Studies SPGS). The academic committee regulates:
- Thesis title registration
- Students research proposal
- Final oral defense
- Progress report
- Publication of at least two articles in reputable journals
- SPGS makes recommendation to the University’s Senate for final approval.
The Doctoral Research Program in West Africa Climate Science Program structure are stated below:
- The program follows a 46 months PhD Programme in West African Climate system.
- The first month is devoted to Introductory classes which include common courses to all GSPs and learning of languages (English and French) for the Anglophone and Francophone students.
- Six months is used for teaching of intensive Climate science related modules by topmost scientists across the world.
- After the six months module, students proceed on field work which they normally undertake on attachment with academic advisers in Africa, Europe and US.
- Students use the last six months of the fellowship in FUTA to finalize the PhD dissertation and their viva examination.